Every Monday we will post 5 Talk/Writing prompts – one for each weekday. These prompts can be used with children of all ages, from Nursery up to Year 6. The idea is to keep children’s imaginations growing, build on their vocabularies, encourage role play/mark making for younger children, as well as giving KS1/2 children the opportunity to practise their writing skills. Most importantly, we want your children to be creative and have fun!
TOP TIP: If you want to make it a more structured activity, try to Plan – Write – Check by using the “I can” writing statements on your child’s year group page on the school website.
1. Where would you go/what would you see in a hot air balloon?
2. Share a conversation between two dinosaurs.
3. What place in the world would you like to visit and why?
4. What if you had a magic pet? What could it do?
5. Imagine if your toys could talk.